Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ahhhh....what a sigh of relief

Just got back from the gym. Day 2 of my 3 week running regiment. Today was so much better!!! Once again it was the 1 minute run/1 minute walk, done 10 times. Now picture this - until about 14 months ago, I had never set foot in a "real" gym....yeah sure, I had to take a class in undergrad, but it wasn't legit. So knowing the ins and outs was not really happening. And if you know me, you know I won't ask for help.

Anyhow, I ran those 10 times at an incline of 3 - which when I am doing a typical walking routine on the treadmill, I am typically at least at 3 or 3.5 incline. Well today I took a look as I was on the eliptical, prior to my running regiment, at the people that were currently running on the treadmill. Their inclines were all at 1.5 or lower. Hmmmm, maybe they are on to something I considered.

So I tried it. So, so, so, so, so much better!!!!

I burned just under 100 calories doing the eliptical for 10 minutes for a warm-up. Then did weights for about 10-15 minutes. Then I did the run/walk routine for a total of 35 minutes. I ended up going 2.18 miles, burning a total of 281 calories.

Now I am off to a Super Bowl party at my friend Jacqueline's. The camera is coming with me, as to coincide with one of my goals for my 27th year (even though I am still 3 days early!!).

Ohhhhh yeah!! I finally bought my cruiser bike today!!!! I do believe I am going to name her Sheryl, for my weight loss inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment