Wednesday, February 2, 2011

This is my year twenty7

Hello my dear readers, not that I even have any as of this point. Today was day two of Texas snow storm 2011 - which means I was stuck at home with very little to do. Sure, I could do homework. Sure, I could get a head start on Spring cleaning. But no, I would rather not thankyouverymuch. So instead, I allowed my bookmarked blogs to lead me to other blogs I had never been to. I found myself at one where a lady created a list of things she would like to do in her 48th year of living. Well heck, I didn't want to have to wait another twenty years, and with my birthday a week away......I decided what the heck, why not.

So without further ado......here is my list of things to accomplish in my 27th year of life!


I don't know exactly what a prayer is.

I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down

into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,

how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,

which is what I have been doing all day.

Tell me, what else should I have done?

Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

- Mary Oliver





Twenty7 Things

1. Take a culinary class of some sort.

2. Plant an herb garden, and maybe some veggies too. Growing jalapenos, tomatoes, basil, cilantro, lavender, and rosemary.

3. Go to a ghost town

4. Take part in a flash mob.

5. Go camping, preferably in Big Bend.

6. Use my passport. Get a passport first.

7. Go to Oregon.

8. Add at least 3 more states to my list of where I have been.

9. Meet Courtney L. and Heather W. somewhere.

10. Take part or start a book club.

11. Opt for a craft room in lieu of (or at the very least, alongside) an office.

12. Become a pie (baking) person.

13. Graduate from grad school, hopefully with a job in tow.

14. Take a bus somewhere.

15. Blow bubbles out the car window.

16. Go to a really great zoo.

17. Have at least three game nights with friends or family

18. Learn how to sew using a sewing machine.

19. Purchase a vintage typewriter.

20. Tour at least 2 wineries, in different places. Accomplished 2/26/11
21. Pass Marriage and Family Therapist exam.

22. Take chain restaurants out of my repertoire (as much as possible).

23. Go to at least 4 live music events.

24. Take more photos of everyday life and nature

25. Learn more about and from Trenton.

26. Float a river.

27. Find a CSA wherever I live in which to get involved in. Am working at a CSA in Abilene, and plan to join in the next town I live in as well!

1 comment:

  1. My goal is to meet you, too, my dear! This is THE year for it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete