Sunday, February 27, 2011

And on to a new week!

This morning I got to sleep in for the first time in a while! Yay!! I woke up at about 6:30 to my cat messing around on my dresser, meowing and knocking things over. After grunting at her and probably using a few choice words, I fell back asleep!

When I did finally come to, I gradually got myself up and running. Literally. I did my 100 calories (actually more around 105 today) on the eliptical and then jumped onto the treadmill. Can I just pause here and say that one thing that I do not like about going to the gym on Sundays when there is no staff working is that we always run out of the wet wipes to sanitize the equipment. Anyways, I digress.

I set the treadmill for an hour, having told myself that I was going to do the 6.2 miles today that are what a 10K consists of. I'll go ahead and break the news to you now though that I did not get all 6.2 miles done. I did do 4.21 miles though. I ran for 4 sets of 4x1's, and then started walking. About 40 total minutes in, I was bored from the walking though, so I did 10 sets of 1x1 runs/walks. All in all that adds up to me running 26 minutes (definitely over 2 miles) of the 60 minutes I was on the treadmill! Woot woot! (Total today, I burned around 625 calories - after yesterday, I definitely needed to!)

I went a while ago to Academy and looked at quad rolling skates to further enhance my dream of being a roller derby girl. They had very few of them available though, so forget that for now. I also looked for some new gym clothes, but after seeing the lines, I put my stuff down and walked out. It is my goal though to buy a roller derby t-shirt before the bout between Abilene and Midland next month. It may be the last thing I do, but I will be doing it, guaranteed!

That's about all I've got for now.......may be buying some bubbles for our car ride to Austin so that I can get another goal off of my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment