Monday, February 7, 2011

What a Ride!

It's true what they say. You can never forget how to ride a bike once you've learned how. Today I took 'ole Sheryl out for a spin in my neighborbood and we had a good time. It was a little wobbly at first, and my seat is a little loose, so once when I turned to look for traffic, the whole seat turned with me! About 10 minutes in though and I really started feeling the burn! Here are a few pics of the ride!



Who needs eyes anyways???


On a serious note, prior to going on my bike ride today, I was thinking, trying to remember the last time I remember riding my bike. I know it was sometime in high school....and I remember being very self conscious about my weight at the time (haha....that sounds as if it has ever ended...). I can even remember the street in my hometown that it happened on, but a boy that I went to school with and disliked very much made a sarcastic comment about the back tire looking like it was going flat. Now, it could have been completely true, and it could have been flat. But instead, I attributed it to my weight that the tire looked low. And that was the last time I had gotten on a bike. Even yesterday when I purchased the bike, I sat down on it in my garage and looked at the back tire to see if it looked low. There was some power that I gained back in being able to go on that ride today though.

"Sooooo she does have insecurities" you may be thinking.......anyways, moving along.

I didn't take any pictures at the Super Bowl shindig last night, but I did take a picture of me prior to it. My face is really starting to slim down!! Ha, and excuse all the junk in the pic with me....tried to crop it out, but once again this computer hates me!!



Tomorrow starts an extra minute running. I will be doing 5 sets of 2 minutes running/1 minute walking, followed by another 5 sets of 1 minute running, 1 minute walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment