Saturday, February 5, 2011

What did I get myself into??

That is the question that I was asking myself this morning as I was about a third of the way done with my Day 1 of 10K prep. Okay, so maybe I shouldn't even call it that at this point. What's happening is you are getting one complete non-runner to start running. Not a pretty picture.


Anyhow, today was day one of my 3 week trek to being able to run 30 minutes at a time. I am getting daily e-mails of what my next days run will look like. Today was a 1 minute run followed by a one minute walk, repeated 10 times. This equals 20 minutes, and I did a 5 minute warm up and a 5 minute cool down. I have a nice little picture that I took that shows my calories burned during these 30 minutes (260 calories, 1.85 miles) but my lovely computer is being a punk today.

It nearly killed me today already, I won't lie. But I just kept motivating myself, saying "you only have to run 4 more times....3 more times....this is your last time of running Kelsey!!!!" Mentally I was imagining being able to come into the gym someday and hop on the treadmill, excited about running. That would be a completely different world for me!! On to day two tomorrow!!


After that I did some work on the stationary bike, and then did some weight machines. I am stinky and need a shower, but I opted to be loyal to my so-far non-readers instead!

OH, and I can't forget. I've been doing some researching on some of my 27 things. I ordered books for my Oregon trip in August, found a website with ghost towns in Texas (I could be a phony and go to one 10 miles away from my hometown that I've been to and through a million times, but who wants to do that???) and looked up stuff on Big Bend to go camping. I had a great idea to go there for Spring Break. Apparently a lot of other people did too, because all of the tent spaces are already booked for that week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment